This training will explore child development theory and development 0-8 years of age. Every day, teachers/caregiver and administrators make many decisions, both long-term and short-term, that affect young children. It is those many decisions that determine whether what actually happens in a classroom or family care home is or is not developmentally appropriate.
In class we will cover:
• Developmental Domains
• Infants: Developing Trust
• Toddlers: Gaining Independence
• Attachment and Temperament
• Preschool: Play, Exploration and Discovery
• School-age: Making Friends and Feeling Competent
• Alaska Early Learning Guidelines (ELG)
• Working with Parents to Provide Consistent Care
This session has been approved by the SEED Training Approval System. For more information about SEED Training Approval System please go to www.seedalaska.org.