January 21, 2020 from 6:45-8:45 PM Introduction to ERS
January 22, 2020 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM for Preschooler center based early educator
January 23, 2020 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM for Family Child Care (FCC) providers and infant/toddler center based early educators
This is a three part training. All parts must be completed in order to receive full credit. No partial credit will be given.
Part 1 - provides an overview of the ERS tool. The focus of the ERS is on interactions with young children, health & safety, the age-appropriateness of daily schedule and access to materials within the environment.
Part 2 - providers select one of three sessions to attend:
ECERS-3: for teachers/administrators of 3 -5 year old classrooms
ITERS-3: for teachers/administrators of birth - 3 year old classrooms
FCCERS: for teacheres/administrators of birth-12 year olds
In each session providers will learn the components of the age-specific ERS tool. They will learn what quality indicators the tool uses to identify best practices within the age-specific classroom. Providers will get a general idea of how the scale assigns a score for the assessment.
Part 3 - providers will take a self-reflection worksheet back to their classroom environment and answer some questions about what they do in their daily practices with young children. The self-reflection tool is designed to guide teachers to make quality improvements in their environment.
- This training has 8 hours total: (5 hours of face to face training, followed by 3 hours of mandatory homework, due two weeks after the training. Must complete all 8 hours to get credit.)
- Free : Early educators from a program participating in Learn & Grow. Please include name of program during registration to assist thread in identifying programs participating in Learn & Grow.Is your program in Learn & Grow? Click here to see, or email email@example.com
- Total training cost is $37.50 per person
- This course will only be offered face to face
- This training is required for advancement to level 2 in Learn & Grow:
All parts of this training session, when applicable, must be taken together to receive credit for participation. No partial credit or make up is permitted.
This session has been approved by the SEED Training Approval System. For more information about SEED Training Approval System please go to www.seedalaska.org.
January 21, 2020
6:45 PM - 8:45 PM
thread Northern/Interior AK
|Donna Wade||[Details] [Register]|